Be prepared for times when quality food is hard to come by: while traveling or when you are out doing errands. Plan ahead and pack healthy snack options with you.
Here are a couple of snack ideas to have close at hand:
- Quest bars & Lara Bars – A pretty decent snack to have when stuck for real food.
- Dark chocolate – 85% or higher to ensure sugar content is low. Eat the chocolate with some nuts for a great snack.
- Nuts – measure out 1/4 cup servings – If you throw in the whole bag, it’s easy to over estimate serving size.
- Fresh Veggies – Throw fresh veggies into a container to have in your bag when you are dashing from stop to stop. Add a bit of hummus or a couple of small turkey balls for added protein to keep hunger at bay.
- Apple or Banana and a tbsp of almond butter.
By planning ahead, you will be able to stick to a healthy options when you can. It will save money and, most importantly, you won’t arrive starving at holiday events and be tempted to overeat.