Food food food. Everyone is always talking about food…what to eat, what to never eat, eating this will help you lose weight. It’s everywhere! Our relationships with food can be quite complex, how healthy we feel and the food we are eating (or not eating).
Food is energy and food is fuel. We must eat a nutrient dense diet in order to get all the materials we need to help our cells function and our pathways run. We need protein, carbohydrates (from whole grains and vegetables), healthy fats, vitamins, minerals and water. When we eat these foods and add varied colors of fruits and vegetables we will also get necessary antioxidants and plant nutrients that protect the body from illnesses and promote health. There is so much more than calories in vs. calories out.
Here are some great reasons that working with a nutritionist/dietitian might be just what you need.
- A Nutrition Expert can help you change your vocabulary, removing the word diet and thinking more of building life long health and wellness habits.
- Getting advice from a professional/expert will ensure that you are getting the fuel that you need to perform to your best ability day to day. What is your basil metabolic rate? How many calories do you actually need? What is the correct amount of protein for you? When should you be eating that protein? A Nutrition Expert will know how to calculate all of those things based on your unique profile.
- Conflicting information out there in the media? All of this information may be true and may be helpful, depending on YOU and YOUR body. A Nutrition Expert will help you sort through information finding the best recipe for YOU.
- Accountability – Simple as that, it is a lot easier to stick to something when you know someone is going to be checking in on you.
- Stay safe by hiring a Nutrition Expert so that you maintain your metabolism and your hormonal balance by following information that is right for your body.
- Working with a Nutrition Expert can be beneficial if you experience any of the following:
- Lack of energy/low energy
- Burping, belching, bloating, gas
- Heart burn
- Doctor’s diagnosis of: high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, autoimmune disorders, allergies, eczema, anxiety
- Problems sleeping
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Having a Nutrition Expert to help create or fine tune a solution for your unique needs that will change over time, needs and obstacles that weren’t apparent at the start of your program.
Contact us for more information on booking a session with one of our Nutrition Experts.
Thanks to the Heavens team of Nutrition experts for their input on this article.